With the revolution of home entertainment, high definition television is becoming a dominant form of entertainment in house holds around the world. To meet this need, Verbatim is now manufacturing a high capacity storage solution called Blu-ray, that is capable of holding large capacity files associated with high definition video. Consumers looking for incredible picture quality and surround sound will appreciate the superb resolution, excellent contrast, vivid colors and sound effects of this ground breaking media.
Blu-ray technology utilizes a 405nm blue laser to decrease the size of data pits. In addition, the recording layer of Blu-ray media is placed very close to the disc surface, which minimizes optical aberrations from the plastic substrate and makes it possible to utilize a higher numerical aperture lens for even tighter laser focusing. These design features allow the capacity of a Blu-ray disc to be increased to 25GB (single layer). Because the data lies so close to the disc surface, Verbatim's proprietary super hard coating is applied on top of the recording layer to protect important data from rough handling.
In terms of recording compatibility, Blu-ray media is compatible with Blu-ray recording hardware only, while playback can be accessed through your Blu-ray player or recording hardware. So look to Verbatim, the media of choice, for capturing your high definition video.
Features & Benefits
- Compatible with BD recording hardware, that is supplied by major electric companies such as Panasonic, Sony or Pioneer.
- Recordable format for HDTV recording and PC data storage
- Utilizes a blue-violet laser to read and write data allowing for more data storage on a disc with the same size as a CD/DVD
- Wide power margin of Verbatim BD-R/RE media ensures superior drive compatibility
- Super hard coat protects data from scratches
- Blu-ray recording hardware is required for recording
- Blu-ray player can also be used for BD-R/RE media playback