Based on LTO technology for highest capacity, performance and reliability
Viktige salgsargumenter og fordeler
Egenskaper og fordeler
- Up to 1.6TB capacity per cartridge: The LTO-4 Ultrium 1840 Tape Drive provides up to 1.6TB of compressed capacity on a single cartridge.
- Hardware data encryption of tape device enables full performance and compressibility of data. Provides highest level of security with compression for strong backup data privacy to secure confidential information and address compliance quickly and with fewer cartridges.
- Up to 240MB/s data transfer rate: Enables even the tightest backup window to be met with unprecedented performance.
- Data rate matching (DRM). Allows the tape drive to dynamically and continuously adjust the speed of the drive, from 40MB/s to 120MB/s (native), to keep drives streaming and maximize performance and reduce start/stops to significantly increase reliability of HP drives and media.
- Server compatibility. Qualified on HP and non-HP: including popular platforms from vendors such as Dell, IBM, and Sun.
- Software compatibility. Extensive list of supported backup and archiving software applications from HP, CA, VERITAS, Legato, Tivoli, and many more.
- Support for WORM media. Allows for unalterable backups using Write-Once Read-Many (WORM) media to meet compliance regulations such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC 17A-4.
- Enterprise-class reliability. Design leveraged from previous HP LTO tape drives to deliver confident backups at high duty cycles
- Backup software included. Ships with single server edition of HP Data Protector Express Software which includes support for hardware data encryption support.
- One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) Supported. Allows users to quickly restore an entire system using a single tape cartridge significantly reducing the cost and recovery time often resulting from a disaster - to keep any business up and running.
Inkludert i leveransen
- High Capacity: 1.6TB of storage on a single data cartridge with 2:1 compression; Ideal for storage consolidation - reducing amount of LTO-1 media consumption by 90%; LTO-2 by 75%
- Security: First HP tape drive to provide h/w encryption; Protects customer sensitive information written to tape cartridge; AES-GCM algorithm with 256 bit keys (highest level available); LTO-4 encryption provides the ability to compress data with no loss in performance, unlike data encryption using a black box appliance or software
- High Performance: Data transfer rate of up to 240 MB/s (assuming 2:1 compression); Data Rate Matching feature optimizes performance by adjusting to variable host and network speeds
- Compatible: Read compatibility with LTO-2 and LTO-3 media; write compatibility with LTO-3 media. Interchange amongst multiple drive and media providers meeting the LTO open standard
- Write Once, Read Many (WORM) media support: Meets compliance regulations: HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC 17A-4, etc.
- Enterprise-class reliability: Design leveraged from previous HP LTO tape drives, the most reliable LTO drives in the industry; Dynamic data rate matching feature reduces wear and tear on both the drive and the media; MTBF of 250,000 hours at 100% duty cycle; Supports HP One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR), making it quick and easy to recover from a disaster
- Well-Connected: Qualified on HP and non-HP servers: including popular platforms from vendors such as Dell, IBM , and Sun
- Value: Includes one HP 800GB Ultrium RW Data Cartridge and one HP Ultrium Universal Cleaning Cartridge; Ships with single server edition of HP Data Protector Express which includes hardware encryption support; Lowest $/GB of any tape media
HP StorageWorks LTO-4 Ultrium 1840 offline hot-swap array module, HP StorageWorks Tape CD-ROM (contains HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools utilities, user manuals and Windows drivers), HP Data Protector Express Basic backup and recovery software CD, HP Ultrium 1.6 TB Data Cartridge, Ultrium Cleaning Cartridge, multi-language labels, documentation