Enterprise and data center customers requiring flexibility at the server edge with converged fabric
Simplify and make your data center change-ready. The HP Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D Module for c-Class BladeSystem allows administrators to fine-tune network bandwidth at the server edge. VC Flex-10/10D modules converge traffic over high speed 10Gb connections to servers with HP FlexFabric Adapters.
Each module provides four adjustable connections (three data and one storage, or four data) to each 10Gb server port. Eliminate up to 95% of network sprawl at the server edge with one device that converges traffic inside enclosures and directly connects to an upstream FCoE bridge. Avoid the confusion of traditional and other converged network solutions by eliminating the need for multiple Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches, extension modules, cables and software licenses.
Virtual Connect wire-once connection management is built-in, enabling server adds, moves, and replacement in minutes instead of days.
- Dual-hop FCoE support extends convergence to the Flex-10 family by allowing FCoE traffic to be propagated out of the enclosure to an external FCoE-capable bridge.
- The Min/Max Bandwidth Optimization feature lets administrators make more efficient use of their network bandwidth, especially when dealing with VM migration or network-based backups.
- The Priority Queue QoS feature introduced in VC 4.01 allows administrators to prioritize critical application traffic.
Extends virtualization benefits beyond the server by virtualizing server-to-network connections
- HP Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D Module for c-Class BladeSystem simplifies networks by reducing cables without adding switches to manage
- Allows you to wire once, then add, move and change network connections to thousands of servers in minutes instead of days or weeks -- from one console without affecting your LAN and SAN
- Each module has thirty ports for a total effective full-duplex bandwidth of 600Gb, and ten dedicated SFP+ uplink ports, which can be 1 or 10GbE
- Reduces your network overhead costs by wiring once and making changes on the fly without additional network administrative support. Unlike other network virtualization offerings, Virtual Connect does not require manual changes to network connections each time a server is added or moved
- Eliminates network sprawl at the server edge and saves up to 47% on upstream ToR switch cable connections