HPE 8/8 SAN Switch is targeted for SMB enterprises and is ideal for entry-level SANs, and as an edge switch for core-to-edge SAN environments. The 8/8 SAN Switch provides SAN connectivity that improves system performance, maximizes the value of virtual server deployments, and reduces overall storage costs. The 8/8 Base SAN Switch provides an affordable single-switch solution for a new, small SAN installation and connects to storage and servers only. An optional Full Fabric SAN scaling license provides connectivity to other switches. This comes with a Full Fabric license and may be connected to multiple switches. Both 8 port switches provide growth options to non-disruptively scale to a max of 24 enabled ports. The 8/8 SAN Switch provides auto-sensing 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gb full duplex performance to enable up to 128 Gb of throughput. For investment protection, the 8/8 SAN Switch may be populated with 4 Gb B-Series SFPs today and upgraded to 8 Gb B-Series SFPS when necessary.
- Compliance with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS2) directive and 2016 RoHS requirements.
- Remove/avoid performance bottlenecks in high-density virtualized server environments.
- Enables rapid deployment with minimal configuration in existing environments; provides the highest performance available, with complete backward and forward investment protection.
- Very affordable, enables “pay-as-you-grow” 8-port scalability for easy, non-disruptive growth in highly dynamic business environment.
- Includes simultaneous wire-speed support for all ports to provide a high-performance system with aggregate bandwidth of up to 384 Gb/s full duplex.
- Provides seamless server connectivity to multi-vendor fabric environments, and allows a great number of servers to connect to a SAN fabric without increasing switch domain count.
- Allows up to eight ports (at 2, 4, or 8 Gb/s speeds) between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single logical ISL with a speed of up to 64 Gb/s (128 Gb/s full duplex) for optimal bandwidth utilization and load balancing.
- Optimizes fabric-wide performance and load balancing by automatically routing data to all available paths in the fabric.
- Simplifies SAN management, negating the need to map application performance requirements to port speeds.
- Advanced fabric services to optimize SAN performance and resource utilization.
- Delivers low latency, power efficiency, and high reliability while providing a highly scalable and flexible platform for advanced fabric services.