High-speed, intelligent B-series storage networks enable small departments and global organizations to access and share data in a consolidated, manageable, and a scalable manner.
Viktige salgsargumenter og fordeler
Egenskaper og fordeler
- 8 Gbit/sec port speeds: Remove/avoid performance bottlenecks in high-density virtualized server environments.
- Remove/avoid performance bottlenecks in high-density virtualized server environments: Enables rapid deployment with minimal configuration in existing environments; provides the highest performance available, with complete backward and forward investment protection.
- Ports on Demand capability: Enables “pay-as-you-grow” 8-port scalability for easy, non-disruptive growth in highly dynamic business environment
- Non-blocking architecture: Includes simultaneous wire-speed support for all ports to provide a high-performance system with aggregate bandwidth of up to 384 Gbit/sec full duplex
- N_Port ID Virtualization: Provides seamless server connectivity to multi-vendor fabric environments, and allows a great number of servers to connect to a SAN fabric without increasing switch domain count
- Enhanced Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking: Allows up to eight ports (at 2, 4, or 8 Gbit/sec speeds) between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single logical ISL with a speed of up to 64 Gbit/sec (128 Gbit/sec full duplex) for optimal bandwidth utilization and load balancing
- Dynamic Path Selection (DPS): Optimizes fabric-wide performance and load balancing by automatically routing data to all available paths in the fabric
- Full 1:1 subscription on all ports at 8 Gbit/sec: Simplifies SAN management, negating the need to map application performance requirements to port speeds
- Adaptive Networking: Advanced fabric services to optimize SAN performance and resource utilization
- Sixth-generation technology: Delivers low latency, power efficiency, and high reliability while providing a highly scalable and flexible platform for advanced fabric services
Inkludert i leveransen
- Superior Performance: 8 Gb/s full duplex performance to enable up to 128 Gbit/s of uncongested throughput; Full 1:1 subscription on all ports at 8 Gbit/sec; Optional enhanced ISL Trunking combines up to eight ISLs between a pair of switches into a single, logical high-speed trunk capable of up to 64 Gbit/s of throughput
- Superior Scalability: Base model ships as a stand alone switch and may be upgraded with a full fabric license; Eight 8 Gb/s ports expandable to 16 or 24 ports with the purchase of optional 8 port upgrade license; Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an NPIV-enabled Access Gateway that enhances fabric scalability and simplifies management
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership for SAN Infrastructure: Enables storage consolidation, simplified management of data center SAN environment; Adaptive Networking provides advanced fabric services to optimize SAN performance and resource utilization
- Investment Protection: Multi-vendor server and storage environment; Widest range of HP SAN solutions; Backward compatible with previously installed 1 Gb, 2 Gb, 4 Gb, and 8 Gb SAN Switches; Interoperability with the more than 3.0 Million port HP SAN Switch installed base
- Reliability: Sixth-generation proven technology; Concurrent hardware and software upgrades; concurrent code loads and activation; Redundant power and cooling and hot-swappable FRUs
The 8/8 SAN Switch includes 8 enabled ports with Advanced Fabric OS, Advanced Zoning, Webtools, and an accessory kit that includes hardcopy documentation (SAN Switch Installation Guide, Read-me-First doc, EULA, Safety and Regulatory Guides), rack-mount kit, serial cable, standard and PDU power cords. SAN Network Advisor Professional included.