HP A5800 Access Controller Module for 32-64 APs
The A5800 Access Controller Module (ACM) for 32–64 access points (APs) supports up to 32 APs by default. After adding an upgrade license for 32 additional users (up to one license for 32 additional users is supported), it can support up to 64 APs and thus can satisfy the deployment requirements of medium-size wireless networks. The module is applicable for the six models of HP A5800 Switch series.
- End-to-end QoS: based on the Comware V5 platform, the A5800 ACM (for 32–64 APs) supports not only the DiffServ standard but also the IPv6 QoS; the QoS DiffServ model includes traffic classification and traffic policing, completely implementing the six groups of services—EF, AF1 through AF4, and BE; this enables ISPs to provide differentiated services for users, making the Internet a true integrated network carrying data, voice, and video services at the same time. IEEE 802.1p prioritization: delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic. Class of service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ.
- Automatic radio power adjustment: automatic AP power adjustment features analyze user access status in real time, adapting power requirements based on environmental changes and providing high-quality user access signal coverage. Automatic radio channel adjustment: intelligent channel switching and real-time interference detection provide the allocation of a high-quality channel to each AP, reducing adjacent channel interference. Load balancing: intelligent load sharing analyzes the locations of wireless clients in real time, providing high-quality client throughput regardless of location or number of online sessions. Rogue AP detection: regular scans for rogue APs help confirm that the network is secure. Enterprise network management: is supported by the Web-based, enterprise-class HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) network management platform and Wireless Service Management (WSM), which effectively integrate traditionally disparate management tools into one easy-to-use interface.
- IPv6: IPv6 host: enables controllers to be managed and deployed at the IPv6 network's edge. Dual stack (IPv4 and IPv6): transitions from IPv4 to IPv6, supporting connectivity for both protocols. MLD snooping: IPv6 multicast traffic to the appropriate interface, preventing traffic flooding. IPv6 ACL/QoS: supports ACL and QoS for IPv6 network traffic. IEEE 802.11h International Telecommunication Union (ITU) compliant: employs Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) to automatically select another channel and adjust transmit power to reduce interference with systems such as radar, if detected on that same channel.
- Flexible forwarding modes: the A5800 ACM (for 32–64 APs) supports both distributed forwarding mode and centralized forwarding mode; you can set SSID-based forwarding type as needed; in a wireless network of centralized forwarding mode, all wireless traffic is sent to an AC for processing; in a wireless network where APs are deployed at branches, ACs are deployed at theheadquarters, and APs and ACs are connected over a WAN, the distributed mode will be necessary. Carrier-class wireless user access control: user-based access control is a feature of the A5800 ACM (for 32–64 APs); for different application scenarios, you can configure different items in a user profile, such as Committed Access Rate (CAR) and QoS policies. Fast roaming: supports Layer 3 roaming and fast roaming, satisfying the most demanding voice service requirements. High performance: robust switching capacity and wire-speed processing provide powerful forwarding capacity for medium and large enterprise-size wireless LANs (WLANs).
- Web interface: allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser on the network.
- VLAN support and tagging: support IEEE 802.1Q, with 4094 simultaneous VLAN IDs. GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP): allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs. Spanning Tree: fully supports standard IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol for faster convergence, and IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol. Jumbo packet support: supports up to 4 KB frame size to improve performance of large data transfers.
||1 RJ-45 out-of-band management port|
||17.8 W (maximum)|
|Product dimensions (W x D x H)
||6.54 x 8.7 x 1.44 in.|
||Max. number of users: 2K. Max. number of users that are supported by local authentication: 1K. Max. number of SSIDs that can be configured: 128. Max. number of users that are supported by local portal authentication: 1K. Number of ACLs: 2K.|
|Weight ( Imperial )
|Weight ( Metric )