WinTV-HVR-1700 Media Center Kit (model 236)
High performance PCI-Express TV tuner for Microsoft Media Center.
WinTV-HVR-1700 Media Center Kit features
- Digital or Analogue TV for your Vista Media Center PC in a single slot PCI-Express 1x board. The WinTV-HVR-1700 includes an analogue TV receiver plus a Freeview DVB-T digital TV receiver, all on one PCI Express board!
- Use the MyTV button in Media Center to watch, pause and record TV on your PC. And use Media Center’s built-in TV scheduler to record your analogue or Freeview digital TV programmes to disk.
- Connect to a satellite or cable TV set-top box with the built-in S-Video or composite connectors.
- WinTV-HVR-1700 MC-Kit includes the Media Center remote control. Manage all Media Center functions with the hand held remote control. The Media Center remote control also has an IR transmitter to control the channels on a cable TV set-top box or satellite receiver.
With Microsoft Media Center and the WinTV-HVR-1700 MC-Kit you can
- Watch Freeview digital TV (DVB-T) or analogue TV on your PC screen.
- Pause analogue or digital TV, with instant replay, skip, fast forward and rewind.
- Record digital TV programmes in original MPEG-2 quality.
- Record analogue TV to disk with WinTV-HVR-1700's high performance MPEG-2 hardware encoder.
- Use Media Center’s TV scheduler to automatically record your favourite TV shows. Playback your recordings at any time on your PC screen.
- Use the included Media Center remote to control all media functions, such as digital picture slide shows, music playlists, etc.
- Use Media Center’s IR transmitter to control the channels on your satellite or cable TV set-top box.
WinTV-HVR-1700 MC-Kit is the best way to add TV to your Vista Media Center PC. If you have a Windows Vista Media Center PC without a built-in TV tuner, simply plug WinTV-HVR-1700 MC board in an available PCI Express slot in your PC, install the driver on the supplied CD, connect a TV antenna, satellite or other set-top box, and you will be watching analogue or digital TV with Media Center’s MyTV button in no time!
The WinTV-HVR-1700 MC-Kit is future proof! You will be able to receive new Freeview Digital TV channels as they are introduced to your area. The WinTV-HVR-1700 MC features a hybrid tuner that can receive both digital DVB-T and analogue television as well as Audio/Video inputs to connect your satellite or cable set-top box!"
Microsoft certified Media Center remote control included. Control Media Center’s functions with the included remote control. Play music, start a slide show, all from the comfort of your living room couch. And if you have a cable TV or satellite box, the included Media Center IR transmitter can control the channel changing. So you can automatically schedule and record TV from cable TV or a satellite receiver.
WinTV-HVR-1700 is a compact, low profile, PCI-Express card that fits in all the latest Microsoft Vista Home Premium and Ultimate PCs with a PCI-Express 1x slot. If you have a normal PC or an extra slim one, WinTV-HVR-1700 comes with both full height and half height brackets.
- DVB-T or Analogue TV reception requires a TV aerial (a high gain rooftop aerial is recommended). If you have a cable or satellite TV box, Windows Media Center will need to use the included “IR blaster” to control the box for channel changing.
- For Digital Terrestrial reception, some viewers may need to replace their aerials if the installation is old or in poor condition. Digital Terrestrial coverage is improving all the time as digital terrestrial television transmitters are continuously being updated. However it may take some time for full coverage to reach particular areas of the country. Your local retailer will be able to provide up to date coverage information for your area based on a post code database.
- An Internet connection is required for the Windows Media Center EPG service.
- Media Center supports a single TV tuner configured for either Analogue, DVB-T or STB reception. It also supports the addition of a second TV tuner however it must be configured as the same reception type as the first (i.e. if you are using Media Center for DVB-T reception you may add the WinTV-HVR-1700 MC and configure it for DVB-T reception).