With WinTV-HVR-3300 you can:
- Triple mode free-to-air TV receiver:
- Digital satellite DVB-S.
- Digital terrestrial DVB-T Freeview.
- Analogue PAL/SECAM TV.
- Record Digital TV and digital radio in high quality MPEG-2.
- Record Analogue PAL/SECAM TV or your personal videos (using the A/V inputs) in MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 formats.
- Pause Digital or Analogue TV, with instant replay.
- Listen to DVB-T and DVB-S radio too!
- Schedule your TV recordings with the built in scheduler.
- Includes Hauppauge IR remote control for easy operation.
All in one Trimode TV tuner DVB-Satellite + DVB-Terrestrial + Analogue Television, Radio and Teletext on your PC!
Triple mode TV receiver for your PC. WinTV-HVR-3300 has three different TV receive modes; analogue PAL/SECAM TV, digital DVB-T and digital DVB-S. Watch analogue, digital Freeview or digital satellite TV all on your PC screen!
Digital Television is the TV of the future, providing sharper TV pictures and near CD quality audio. But if you cannot currently receive digital TV, the WinTV-HVR-3300 can still be used to watch and record analogue TV from a TV aerial. But you can add DVB-T or DVB-S digital TV reception at any time. Best of all, when receiving both digital and analogue TV, our WinTV appliction allows you to switch between analogue and digital channels seamlessly. Plus pause digital TV with instant replay, too!
Free-to-air DVB-S digital satellite TV & radio on your PC! Bring hundreds of high quality digital satellite TV channels to your PC (DiSEqC 1.0* is supported)! Watch and record satellite TV from different countries.
Freeview DVB-T digital terrestrial TV & radio on your PC! Watch more than 80 Freeview digital terrestrial TV broadcasts and digital terrestrial radio on your PC, through your rooftop aerial*.
Analogue TV via terrestrial antenna. Connect the WinTV-HVR-3300 to a terrestrial antenna and watch TV with great stereo audio. Record your TV shows in MPEG-1-VCD, MPEG-2-SVCD or MPEG-2-DVD formats. You can also receive analogue teletext on your PC screen!
Watch and record videos from your VCR or camcorder - Attach your external video source to the audio and video inputs to watch analogue video on your PC. Record your personal video to your hard disk in MPEG-1-VCD, MPEG-2-SVCD or MPEG-2DVD.
Digital Video Recorder: Record anlaogue, DVB-T or DVB-S TV in high quality MPEG! Schdule your digital TV recordings with our WinTV-Scheduler. For DVB-T users, record TV programs daily or weekly via our free 7 day DVB-T Electronic Program Guide.
Hauppauge's remote control makes the WinTV-HVR-3300 easy to use - change channels, adjust audio volume, start recordings, all from the Hauppauge ergonomic remote control!
- For Digital Terrestrial reception, a high gain aerial is recommended. The WinTV-HVR-3300 uses a rooftop aerial for DVB-T reception in the same way that most people currently receive their analogue television programmes. Some viewers will need to replace their aerials to receive digital transmissions if the installation is old or in poor condition. Digital Terrestrial coverage is improving all the time as digital terrestrial television transmitters are continuously being updated. However it may take some time for coverage to reach particular areas of the country.
- DVB-S/DVB-T Radio is not DAB Radio.
- The WinTV-HVR-3300 supports DVB-T TV not DVB-T2.
- For Digital Satellite reception, your satellite dish must be aimed at a satellite which is transmitting free-to-air Sat TV. For example, Astra and Eutelsat provide free-to-air satellite channels.
- To use the WinTV-HVR-3300 for TV with the Windows XP Media Center application a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder is required. If you are building a Media Center PC, refer Microsoft's web site for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only. The enclosed remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace Media Center remote control.