HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition
- Record your Xbox®360, PS3® or PC game play in HD
- Upload gameplay to YouTube with one click. Show your best gameplay to your friends!
- Record up to 1080p while you play your games on your HDMI TV set. Includes our no delay passthrough, so you can play while you record in HD!
- Includes a built-in Record button, so you can start and stop your recordings without having to be at your PC
- Includes the cables you need to connect to your Xbox 360 or PS3
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition records high definition video from a Sony® PlayStation®3 or Microsoft® Xbox® 360 onto your Windows laptop or desktop PC, in a high definition H.264 format. Make video recordings of your best game play in HD. Upload your favorite games to YouTube and share them with other gamers online. Or make a high definition movie of your game play to share with your friends or use it to discuss tactics with your clan members!
You can also play your game play recordings back onto your PC screen or transfer them over your home network for playback on a PS3 or Xbox 360.
Bundled software applications
- ArcSoft ShowBiz, with these features Video capture for recording your game play
- Video editor to trim your videos
- Upload videos to YouTube
- Hauppauge Personal Logo application, to "burn" your logos into your recordings
Included in this package
- HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition high definition H.264 personal video recorder, USB 2.0 with built-in record button
- 6V 1.6 amp power supply
- USB cable - 9 ft.
- HDMI output cable - 6 ft.
- PS3 Component AV Cable
- Hauppauge A/V cable set for Component Video
- Installation CD-ROM
- Quick installation guide
Note: HD PVR 2 will not record video from HDMI with HDCP copy protection. If you are recording PS3 gameplay, use the included PS3 component video gaming cable.
HD PVR 2 hardware specs
- Hardware encoder
- H.264 AVCHD high definition video encoder, with record resolution to 1080p30
- Recording datarate: from 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec
- Recording video formats: AVCHD (.TS and .M2TS) plus .MP4
- No delay HDMI passthrough:
- HDMI in to HDMI out - up to 1080p60
- Component Video in to HDMI out - up to 1080i60
- Input/output connections
- HDMI in, from HDMI sources without HDCP such as Xbox 360
- Component video in, with stereo audio
- S-Video and composite video in, with stereo audio (optional cable not supplied)
- HDMI output
- Size: 6 in wide x 6 in deep x 1.5 in high
- Power: 6V at 1.6 amps
- Weight: .75lb / .34 kg / 12 oz
- Recording formats
- 1080p60p (recorded as 1080p30)
- 1080p50p (recorded as 1080p25)
- Laptop or desktop PC with 3.0 GHz single core or 2.0 GHz multi-core processor
- Microsoft® Windows® 8, 7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit), or Windows XP Service Pack 3
- TV set with HDMI input
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Graphics card with 256 MB memory
- Sound card
- 220 MB free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive (for software installation)