The ultimate 4G-LTE-peripheral device for any router
The bintec 4Ge is an innovative 4G problem solver, which allows to equip existing IT networks with 4G. The installation outside of server racks leads to significant improved 4G connections.
The innovative LTE (4G) problem solver
The bintec 4Ge is an affordable extension unit that allows owners of existing router infrastructures to retrofit their systems with LTE (4G) connectivity. The 4Ge accomplishes this by simply connecting to the router through a 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet port. Once connected, all further configurations can be easily carried out on the router itself. Thanks to the use of standard protocols, the 4Ge is compatible with most routers regardless of the manufacturer. The device gets its power either by means of the included Power over Ethernet injector or an external power supply. The housing includes an integrated wall mount allowing quick and easy installation. The 4Ge also comes equipped with a Kensington slot so you can secure your hardware against theft.
Applications and benefits of the bintec 4GE at a glance
Enterprise routers are usually located inside the server room. But that's a place where mobile data coverage is rarely available - and if it is, the signal is normally not strong enough for broadband speeds. The poor signal can result in data transfers slowing to a crawl.
To ensure this does not happen to you, simply install the bintec 4GE outside the server room at the location with the best 4G signal. The bintec 4Ge then establishes a high-speed LTE (4G) connection that is available on the company's Ethernet network.
- The easy way to retrofit existing routers with LTE.
- No separate management interface required - all settings can be made directly on the router.
- Thanks to the use of standard protocols which are compatible with most routers, no vendor lock-in.
- Power is obtained from PoE or a power supply.
- Small and unobtrusive - for inconspicuous installations in business settings.
- Wall-mountable for simple and secure installation.