PRIMERGY DAT Streamer DDS Generation 5 SCSI/USB
A reliable, low-cost data backup solution Introduction
The DDS Gen5 tape drive is the 5th generation of tried-and-tested DDS tape technology. Like its predecessors, it offers a reliable, low-cost data backup solution. The drive stores 72 GB of data in 3.5 hours (compressed), making it an ideal solution for small to medium-sized servers.
The DDS Gen5 tape drive offers transfer rates of 6 MB/s at a compression of 2:1.
The DDS Gen5 drive can be supplied with 2 different interfaces, either SCSI or USB.
Depending on the server’s configuration, the SCSI version can be connected either to an onboard SCSI or via a plugged SCSI controller.
The USB version is connected without a controller directly to the internal USB port. This version is therefore independent of an additional controller and thus represents a data backup solution that is even less expensive.
- DDS is a tried-and-tested industry standard and the most widespread backup technology for servers
- High speed: the DDS-Gen5 drive transfers 72 GB to a tape in 3.5 hours
- Investment protection as a result of read/write compatibility with the DDS-3 and DDS-4 tape drives
- Low media costs
- Automated cleaning of the tape path means less maintenance by users
- It can be installed in all current PRIMERGY tower servers and the PRIMERGY SX10 subsystem. Only the SCSI version can be installed in the PRIMERGY SX10 subsystem.
- Proven reliability: the MTBF is 125,000 hours in continuous operation. Given a typical duty cycle of 12%, the MTBF is around 1 million hours.