Advanced Video Redirection (AVR)
Advanced Video Redirection with iRMC S3 offers the following benefits:
- Operation via a standard web browser; no additional software except Java Runtime Environment must be installed on the management station.
- System-independent graphics and text console redirection, including the keyboard and mouse
- Remote access to permit boot monitoring, BIOS administration and interaction with the operating system
- AVR offers up to two simultaneous “virtual connections” for working on a server from a different location. In addition, AVR minimizes the network load by means of hardware and video compression.
Remote Storage makes available to the managed server a “virtual” drive which is located elsewhere in the network. The “virtual drives” provided by Remote Storage are as easy to use as local drives and offer the following options:
- Reading/writing of data
- Booting from Remote Storage
- Installation of drivers or small applications
- Remote BIOS update (BIOS update via USB)
Remote Storage permits simultaneous connection of up to two “virtual” drives and supports the following types of device:
- Floppy disk
- CD-ROM / DVD-ROM
- USB memory device (e.g. Memory Stick)
- ISO image