The ETERNUS LT40 is optimized for reliability, as well as high and easy scalability, which results in a longer service life for the devices.
The system is an ultra compact LTO tape library with up to 24 media slots and up to two drives on two height units. The ETERNUS LT40 is based on proven LTO technology, which provides large capacity, high speed and very small media costs.
Depending on your individual requirements, you can either order it with an LTO-3*, LTO-4 or LTO-5 half height/ full height drive, and can connect it to the server via the SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) or Fibre Channel interface. The library offers a maximum compressed storage capacity of 72 TB when equipped with 24 LTO-5 cartridges.
The base configuration includes 12 slots. Because all 24 slots are already built in the other 12 slots can be easily activated via a software license.
Like all SME products from Fujitsu, the ETERNUS LT40 is also easy to use, highly reliable and very affordable.
*LTO-3 only with half height drives available
- Upgradeability from 12 to 24 slots via software license
- Easy upgrade of the needed storage capacity
- High investment protection
- Environmentally-friendly design
- Environmentally friendly over its entire lifecycle: Acquisition, running costs, right through to disposal
- LTO-3 / LTO-4 / LTO-5 HH or LTO-4 / LTO-5 FH SAS technology
- Future-proof, fault-tolerant, robust
- High data throughput
- LTO-4 / LTO-5 HH drive with optional Fibre Channel interface
- Less expensive than full height drives
- Redundancy (two drives possible)
- The use of two different libraries for two applications within one LT40