- Turn your iPad or iPhone into a mobile television
- Watch free-to-view television (DTT, Freeview)✭
- Watch, timeshift, and record TV shows on iPad and iPhone as well as on a computer
- Does not require an internet connection
- Get 3.5 hours of live TV on the go; battery is rechargeable
Elgato’s Tivizen device is compact, powerful and small enough to slip into your pocket and take anywhere you go. It has a small extendable antenna that receives the DTT (Freeview, or DVB-T) signal✭. Tivizen then transmits that TV signal over to your iPad and iPhone using its own local Wi-Fi network. Tivizen is powered by Valups.
Tivizen also works great as a wireless TV tuner for a Mac or PC. Enjoy live TV on your computer, completely free from cables and connected devices.
- iPad 2, iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch® (4th & 3rd generation); iOS 4.2 or newer
- Mac: Intel Core CPU, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later, 1 GB RAM
- PC: 2.0 GHz Intel / AMD CPU, Windows 7, 1 GB RAM
- Tivizen supports MPEG-2 standard definition video. MPEG-2 HD and MPEG-4/H.264 video are not supported on iPhone and iPad.
- Freeview HD or DVB-T2 is not supported
- EyeTV and THC software support MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264 in both SD and HD. 720p or 1080i HD video requires an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
- DVB-T broadcasts vary in bitrate. Playback quality of high bitrate channels may be limited by 802.11g Wi-Fi network bandwidth.
- Tivizen ships with mobile versions of TV software that support program guide data from the DVB-T stream; tvtv guide data is not supported.
- Decoder: High-performance ARM 9 RISC-Processor
- Frequency range: 177.5 – 226.5MHz (VHF); 474 – 858MHz (UHF)
- Supported digital TV standards: DVB-T
- COFDM Demodulator: Supported modulations 16, 64 QAM, QPSK; Bandwidths 6, 7, 8 MHz
Input and Output
- USB 2.0 (to charge battery)
- Removable Li-Ion battery (3.7V 1050 mAh)
Weight & Dimensions
- 92 × 52 × 12 mm
- 68 g (2.5 oz)