EyeTV Sat for HD Satellite TV on your Mac
Experience the stunning quality of HD satellite television on your Mac’s high-resolution display. EyeTV Sat is a premium USB 2.0 satellite TV tuner that delivers DVB-S and DVB-S2 broadcasts directly to the Mac. EyeTV Sat supports DVB multilingual programming, Teletext and Dolby® Digital sound.
EyeTV Sat also has an integrated CI slot for satellite Pay TV. It can be used with a compatible conditional access module (CAM) and a Pay TV subscription smartcard from a provider that supports third-party standard CI receivers.
- Receives DVB-S and DVB-S2 satellite TV
- Superb picture quality in HD as well as standard definition
- Integrated CI slot for Pay TV reception (CAM & smartcard not included)
- EyeTV 3, the award-winning TV Software for Mac
- One-year free subscription to tvtv valued at €19.80 / £15
- An EyeTV Remote
Windows PC Compatibility
EyeTV Sat comes with TerraTec Home Cinema software and drivers for Windows PC compatibility. Many of the same features offered by EyeTV 3 software are supported.
Watch and record HD satellite television on your Mac
If you have a satellite dish, then you can watch, record, edit and enjoy the tremendous selection of freesat broadcasts that are now available, many in HD, directly on your Mac. EyeTV Sat is a USB 2.0 TV tuner that delivers the remarkable picture and sound quality of DVB-S and DVB-S2 from your satellite dish directly to your Mac’s high resolution display, so you get the complete HDTV experience.
Superb quality recordings
EyeTV Sat has one quality setting, Lossless. The DVB stream is recorded unaltered to give you the full quality MPEG-2/H.264 file as encoded by the broadcaster, both in HD and standard definition. EyeTV Sat supports multilingual programming, Teletext and Dolby® Digital sound.
Satellite Pay TV
EyeTV Sat has an integrated CI slot which enables you to receive satellite Pay TV on your Mac. All you need is a compatible combination of conditional access module (CAM) and a Pay TV subscription smartcard. Please check with your Pay TV provider to verify support of third-party standard CI receivers. Some providers, such as BSkyB in the UK, allow their smartcards to be used with proprietary set top boxes only.
- Mac: Macintosh® computer with a PowerPC® G4,G5 or Intel Core® processor
- PC: 2,0 GHz Intel or AMD CPU or Intel Centrino CPU
- Netbook: Intel Atom CPU
- 512 MB of physical RAM
- A built-in USB 2.0 port
- Mac: Mac OS X v10.4.11 or later
- PC: Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista SP1 (32 or 64Bit)
- Satellite dish with digital or universal LNB (not included)
- Internet connection required to download Program Guide data
Note: 720p or 1080i HD features require an Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- DVB-S/S2 Tuner
- Support for up to four digital or universal LNBs (Low band 9.75GHz L.O. with 22kHz off, High band 10.60GHz L.O. with 22kHz on)
- LNB & switch control: DiSEqC 1.0 and MiniDiSEqC (Tone Burst)
- Output: USB 2.0
- Input: F connector for RG-6/U coaxial satellite cable
- Power Supply: DC 12V, 1.5A
- Dimensions: 105×155 x 27 mm
- Weight: 0.236 kg