TV Tuner Stick for DVB-T, DVB-C, Analog TV & FM-Radio
Superbly engineered and supremely versatile, EyeTV Hybrid delivers free-to-view digital television to your Mac via aerial (DVB-T, also known as DTT or Freeview) and cable (DVB-C), as well as analogue television via cable and aerial. With EyeTV Hybrid, you can also tune in to local FM radio on your Mac.
Despite its small size, EyeTV Hybrid contains a full-size and built-in coaxial plug and does not require an adapter to connect cable or an aerial. What’s more, EyeTV Hybrid comes with a composite (RCA) and S-Video break-out cable to connect a variety of devices to your Mac, such as a set top box for premium channels and satellite, a VCR, or a Camcorder.
- Receives free-to-view digital TV (DVB-T and DVB-C) as well as analogue TV
- Receives FM radio
- Conveniently-sized USB stick
- Contains a full-size coaxial plug; does not require an adapter
- Comes with an EyeTV Remote
EyeTV Hybrid is compatible with Windows 7 and works great with Windows Media Center. The included THC software for Windows supports many of the same features that are offered by EyeTV 3 software.
All-in-One TV for your Mac
EyeTV Hybrid is the only Mac TV tuner that delivers both digital and analogue TV to your Mac via aerial and cable. A superb all-round device, EyeTV Hybrid receives unencrypted digital TV via aerial (DVB-T, or Freeview), unencrypted cable (DVB-C), analogue cable and analogue aerial TV. In areas in which HDTV is broadcast via DVB-T, enjoy watching stunning 720p or 1080i HDTV (MPEG-2 as well as H.264/AVC) on your Mac. What’s more, EyeTV Hybrid also comes with a break-out cable for composite video and S-Video, enabling you to connect a set-top box to watch satellite TV or premium channels on your Mac.
Superb quality digital TV recordings
EyeTV Hybrid records digital TV in one quality setting, lossless. The digital stream is recorded unaltered for full quality digital content as encoded by the broadcaster. EyeTV Hybrid also supports multilingual programming and Dolby® Digital sound.
EyeTV Hybrid processes analogue signals using the encoder built into the EyeTV software together with your Mac’s processor. As a result, the quality of analogue video depends on the processor speed of your Mac.
TV software for Mac
The included EyeTV 3 software from Elgato turns your Mac into the coolest TV and DVR in the house. This award-winning TV software enables you to:
Watch, pause, and rewind live TV on your Mac
Search two weeks of Program Guide listings;
Set up schedules to record your favourite TV programmes
Edit out unwanted content
Share recordings with other Macs on the same network
EyeTV 3 software offers special features for Mac users, including Smart Series Guides, Smart Playlists, automatic exports to iTunes, and support for the EyeTV for iPhone app.
EyeTV Hybrid is the only EyeTV device that delivers FM radio to your Mac as well as television. Tune in, record your favourite radio programmes, and export them into iTunes to enjoy later on your iPod or iPhone.
EyeTV Hybrid is intended for use in countries supporting the PAL or SECAM standard (including Europe & Australia) and in countries where digital terrestrial television is broadcast. Digital terrestrial television is also known as DVB-T, DTT, Freeview in the UK, and TNT in France. Purchase EyeTV Hybrid in the country you intend to use it in, to ensure support of your local standard.
- Macintosh: Intel Core CPU, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7, 2.0 GHz Intel/AMD CPU or Intel Atom CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- Internet connection required to download Program Guide data.
- 720p or 1080i HD features require an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
- Analogue TV is processed using software encoding; the quality of the recording will depend on your Mac’s processor speed.
DVB-T reception can vary by location, and a rooftop aerial may be required in areas with a weak or obstructed DVB-T signal.
Analogue, FM, DVB-T/C Tuner
- Frequency range: 48-860MHz (VHF and UHF)
- Analogue TV standards: PAL, SECAM
- Digital TV standards: DVB-T, DVB-C
- FM Radio
- Stereo Audio
- COFDM Demodulator: Supported modulations 16, 64, 128 and 256 QAM, QPSK; Bandwidths 6, 7, 8 MHz
UK residents, please note: Freeview HD or DVB-T2 is not supported.
Input and Output
- USB 2.0
- Aerial input: Coaxial connector (IEC)
- S-Video (via break out cable, included)
- Composite video (via break out cable, included)
- Stereo audio (via break out cable, included)
- IR remote control sensor