EyeTV 250 Plus
EyeTV 250 Plus is a hybrid TV tuner for the Mac with a powerful hardware encoder for higher quality recordings and smaller sized video files. EyeTV 250 Plus receives both digital TV (DTT, or Freeview) as well as analogue TV, and offers a complete solution for converting videos from VHS tape to DVD-Video.
- Powerful TV tuner and video converter
- Hardware compression for better quality recordings
- Receives both analogue and digital TV (DTT, or Freeview)
- Roxio Toast® Basic disc burning software
- VHS Assistant to convert videotapes to DVDs
- iPod Assistant to convert analog video to iPod/iPhone/Apple TV formats
All-in-One TV for your Mac
EyeTV 250 Plus is ideal for those who want the flexibility of a digital and analogue TV receiver together with a hardware encoder in one device. It delivers free-to-view digital television (DTT, or Freeview) to your Mac, as well as conventional analogue TV via standard cable or aerial. In Australia and other areas in which HDTV is broadcast, enjoy watching stunning 720p or 1080i HDTV (MPEG-2) in addition to the other digital television standards.
EyeTV 250 Plus also comes with a break-out cable for composite video and S-Video, enabling you to connect a set-top box directly to your Mac.
Superb quality digital and analogue TV recordings
EyeTV 250 Plus records digital television in one quality setting, Lossless. The DVB stream is recorded unaltered, giving you full quality DTT content as encoded by the broadcaster. EyeTV supports DTT multilingual programming and Dolby® Digital sound.
Convert videotapes into digital files
Use EyeTV 250 Plus to capture video and convert VHS tapes into high-quality digital files. EyeTV 250 Plus’ easy-to-use VHS Assistant will walk you through each step, from connecting your VCR or camcorder right through to burning a DVD or sending the recording to iTunes. The iPod Assistant will also help you capture movies from an analog video source, and convert them to the appropriate iPod/iPhone/Apple TV format.
Available in countries supporting the PAL or SECAM standard (including Europe & Australia) and in countries where digital terrestrial television (DTT, or DVB-T) is broadcast. Not available in overseas departments, collectivities and territories of France. Purchase EyeTV in the country you intend to use it in, to ensure support of your local standard.
Macintosh® computer with a PowerPC® G4,G5 or Intel Core® processor
512 MB of physical RAM
a built-in USB 2.0 port
Mac OS X v10.4.11 or later
Internet connection required to download Program Guide data
Note: 720p or 1080i HD features require an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
- Frequency range: 48-862MHz (VHF and UHF)
- Analog TV standards: NTSC, PAL, SECAM
- Digital TV standards: DVB-T
- COFDM Demodulator: Supported modulations 16, 64 QAM,
- QPSK. Bandwidths 6, 7, 8 MHz
- High-quality real-time encoding
- Supports MPEG-2 and MPEG-1
- NTSC resolutions: up to 720×480, 30 fps
- PAL resolutions: up to 720×576, 25 fps
- SECAM resolutions: up to 720×576, 25 fps
- Variable and constant bit rate up to 15-Mbit/sec
- MPEG 1 Layer II
- Sampling rates of 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz
- Compressed bit rates up to 448 kbit/sec
Input and Output
- USB 2.0
- Antenna input: Coaxial connector (IEC)
- S-Video in (via break out cable, included)
- Composite video in (via break out cable, included)
- Stereo audio (via break out cable, included)
- IR remote control sensor