Energy-saving airflow management solution for best practices data centers In today’s dynamic data center environment, IT equipment is refreshed on a frequent basis. These changes often leave open U-space that can allow re-circulation of hot exhaust air to the equipment inlet. This can cause overheating of the equipment and subsequent shutdown of servers when the maximum temperature threshold is reached. The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE) as well as most major server and storage manufacturers recognize this issue and recommend that unused rack space have blanking panels installed to maximize and improve the hot aisle/cold aisle airflow system in the room.
Blanking panels provide a quick, easy and cost-effective solution to optimize air circulation within an enclosure while maintaining high aesthetics. Eaton offers blanking panels in a variety of styles including plastic, steel, tool-less, adjustable and a cable pass through option. The width meets EIA-310-D standards and comes in various heights (depending on style). Some panels are bulk packed in quantities of 10, 100 and 500.
Features and benefits
- Significantly reduces re-circulation of hot exhaust air to the equipment inlet
- Adds to the overall aesthetics of the data center
- Heights range from 1U to 22U depending on style
- EIA-310-D compliant for 19" equipment
- Available in black
- Available in tool-less plastic or steel, adjustable and cable pass-thru configurations