- 16Gbps per port maximum throughput for high bandwidth storage (SAN) traffic
- Over 1.2 million IOPS reduces latency in high transaction intensive applications and virtualized environments
- Reduced hardware, cabling, and management costs by enabling more applications (virtual machines) to run on a single server and Fibre Channel port
- Decreased power and cooling costs by using the fewest PCI Express® lanes in PCIe® Gen3 environments
- Overlapping protection domains (OPDs) to ensure a high level of reliability as data moves to and from the PCI bus and Fibre Channel network
- Complete investment protection for legacy 8Gb and 4Gb Fibre Channel infrastructure
The 2660 Series adapters are QLogic’s sixth generation Fibre Channel adapters. They boast industry-leading native Fibre Channel performance—achieving dual-port, line-rate, 16-gigabit Fibre Channel throughput—at extremely low CPU usage with full hardware offloads. This extreme performance eliminates potential I/O bottlenecks in today’s powerful multiprocessor, multicore servers. In addition, support for powerful virtualization features makes this adapter ideal for virtualized environments that need excellent I/O performance to service growing numbers of virtual machines (VMs).