The Dell Storage NX storage appliances are easy to use and manage through a familiar, central management interface for stand-alone or cluster configurations:
- OS pre-installed for easy deployment
- Optimized for file serving with Windows Storage Server 2012 R2
- Clustering capabilities when using the NX3330
Rely on high speed and efficiency with NAS appliances built on 13th Generation PowerEdge rack mount server technology.
- The latest generation multi-core Intel® Xeon® processors
- Up to 32GB of memory and 96TB raw capacity (NX3230)
- Options for SATA, NL-SAS and SAS drives
NAS gateway option
Leverage additional SAN arrays for massive external expansion by installing the NX3330 option as a NAS gateway. Support for clustering up to 64 nodes leveraging Clustered Shared Volumes (CSV) when connected to PowerVault MD3, EqualLogic or Dell Compellent storage arrays.
Spend less time managing data and more time building your business using Microsoft® System Center and the Remote Desktop for Administration feature in Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 or the Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC7) Enterprise Edition to manage your data. In addition, you’re able to efficiently utilize NAS capacity resources and optimize your disk space with integrated features within the Dell Storage NX family, including:
- Data reduplication
- Thin provisioning
- DFS-R synchronization capabilities across limited bandwidth network connections in distributed and remote office environments
- Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) for SMB file shares that allows backup operations using snapshots of remote file shares supporting SMB-based server applications
The Dell Storage NX family features Windows® Storage Server 2012 R2 software offering Microsoft Windows Server® 2012 R2 performance and versatility in the NAS appliances. It includes:
- Latest SMB 3.0 features that support Hyper-V and SQL server
- Continuous availability and failover clustering with NFS and iSCSI
- Automatic detection and use of multiple network connections between SMB client and server
Global services and support
Dell Services can help reduce IT complexity, lower costs and eliminate inefficiencies by making IT and business solutions work harder for you. The Dell Services team delivers distinctive capabilities, including full data migration solutions to facilitate consolidation from multiple file systems. Dell takes a holistic view of your needs and designs solutions for your environment and business objectives, and uses established delivery methods, local talent and in-depth domain knowledge to help lower your total cost of ownership (TCO).