MD3420 12Gb SAS array
The PowerVault MD3 SAS series has been designed with the entry-level to medium business customer in mind. It uses 12Gb near-line SAS drives and DAS with single or dual active/active controllers in a 2U, 24-drive enclosure. It can support 4GB cache per controller, or 8GB cache per controller with the dual controller configuration.
- Up to 2x performance with the new 12Gb SAS array
- Up to twenty-four 2.5-inch SAS, near-line SAS and SSD drives
- Directly connect up to four high-availability (HA)-configured servers or eight non-HA-configured servers to a single MD3220 storage system
- Up to 768TB of raw capacity when expanding with 192 HDDs using MD1200 or MD1220 expansion enclosures
- Single- or dual-controller options
Technology that delivers high-performance and high-capacity storage
Consolidate your storage with the new PowerVault MD3 12Gb serial-attached SCSI (SAS) array. The 12Gb MD3 SAS array series is ideal for entry-level storage consolidation requiring high availability, high performance, business continuity, ease of use and reliability. Designed for versatility, the MD3 series supports a range of drive types, premium software features and a choice of a 2U or high density 4U chassis.
Get affordable enterprise-level capabilities
PowerVault MD3 SAS arrays come with the following features:
- Improved performance: Get up to 2x performance with the new 12Gb SAS arrays.
- Controller options: Maximize throughput with 16GB total.
- Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP): Improved DDP functionality that supports 20 disk pools, and can support up to 120 SSDs.
- Thin provisioning: Allocate and consume physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools.
- SSD Cache: Increase execution speed of applications by caching previously read data (available with High Performance tier only).
- vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) support: Integrate array commands with VMware in the host environment.
- Try and buy: Determine which premium features suit your environment with a 90-day trial software license for specific software.
Protect your data
Keep your valuable information safe with these additional PowerVault options:
- Remote Replication: Replicate data to any global location that includes mirroring thin provisioned pools.
- Snapshots: Easily recover files after accidental deletion or alteration with point-in-time copies of data.
- Virtual Disk Copy (VDC): Enable quick and seamless virtual disk relocation and disk-based backup and recovery with a full, replicated copy of source data.
- Self-encrypting drives (SEDs): Render data useless to unauthorized users with drive-level encryption, even if the drive has been removed from the enclosure.
- Instant Secure Erase: Permanently and securely remove data when SEDs are repurposed or decommissioned.
Spend less managing your data
The PowerVault MD3 SAS series brings affordability to primary storage and allows you to add capacity and software as needed. This design keeps your storage directly attached to your data infrastructure. It is compatible with Microsoft® Hyper-V®, Citrix® XenServer® and VMware® ESX. In addition, the MD-series storage arrays support vSphere® Storage APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA). Simplify physical and virtual resource management with MD Storage Manager and PowerVault VMware vCenter™ Plug-In 5.0.
MD Storage Manager
With wizard-based array configuration and single-pane management, MD Storage Manager can alert you to problems and launch its recovery guru to automatically help troubleshoot and resolve issues.
VMware vCenter Plug-In 5.0
Monitor, manage, provision and optimize storage for performance and availability across your virtual infrastructure. You can also implement Storage Replication Adapters (SRA) to simplify management of disaster recovery with centralized recovery plans and VASA to create profiles that map to volumes and virtual machines.
Ensure your data is protected with Snapshot, VDC and Remote Replication.
Data is increasing at an alarming rate, but performance should not be impacted. This bundle includes the High Performance tier, SSD cache and the additional drive capacity license.
Speed recovery with Dynamic Disk Pools.
Dynamic Disk Pools protect data by dynamically distributing data across pools of drives. In the event of a drive failure, DDP will identify the critical data and dynamically rebalance the data so the array can return to an optimal state faster than it would in the typical RAID environment. DDP can now support up to 20 disk pools and up to 120 SSDs.
Global services and support
Reduce IT complexity, lower costs and eliminate inefficiencies by making IT and business solutions work harder for you. You can count on Dell for end-to-end solutions to maximize your performance and uptime. A proven leader in servers, storage and networking, Dell Enterprise Solutions and Services deliver innovation at any scale. And if you’re looking to preserve cash or increase operational efficiency, Dell Financial Services has a wide range of options to make technology acquisition easy and affordable. Contact your Dell Sales Representative for more information.