Accelerate your workloads
Maximize server-based storage flexibility and performance with the remarkable PowerEdge R730xd, part of the new 13th generation of PowerEdge servers. The R730xd offers an optimal balance of storage utilization, performance and cost with an optional in-server hybrid storage configuration that can support tiering and capacity for up to 28 drives in a 2S/2U system, including up to 18 x 1.8" SATA SSDs.
Flash storage anywhere, or everywhere:
New flash-capable configurations mean fast data access for faster applications performance. Configurations include 1.8" SATA SSDs, 12Gb SAS SSDs and ultra-high-performance NVMe Express Flash PCIe drives that enable optional Dell Fluid Cache for SAN and SanDisk DAS Cache application acceleration technology.
- Enhance database performance by using flash drives to cache "hot" data, while simultaneously having up to 48TB2 of server-based storage with NL-SAS/SATA HDDs.
- Increase concurrent usage and system response for OLTP applications by combining NVMe drives and Dell caching solutions.
- Provide efficient, high-performance scale-out storage for IT-as-a-service (XaaS) providers, Big Data (Hadoop) users and co-location hosting by combining traditional hard drives and solid-state flash drives to ensure data is where it's needed, when it's needed.
Unified communications and collaboration
The PowerEdge R730xd with improved networking throughput and the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family delivers the performance necessary for your SharePoint, Lync, Exchange and consolidated collaboration environments.
- Enable more, bigger and lower-cost mailboxes with 33 percent greater storage drive capacity than previous generations.
- Improve response times with up to 15 percent greater memory bandwidth than earlier generations and help increase IO performance with the customizable throughput of Dell Select Network Adapters.
- Enhance overall Exchange performance with 12Gb PERC9 RAID controllers, featuring double the cache and throughput over previous generations.
- Optimize Lync performance and responsiveness in virtual environments by directly mapping more VMs to the increased number of physical processor cores.
The latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family, with up to 18 cores per socket, provides the cycles and threads necessary to support today’s diverse workloads in virtual environments, including virtualized local storage. To further enhance these deployments, the R730xd features:
- DDR4 RAM that supports more, larger and higher-performance virtual machines per node, drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Multi-mode RAID controllers with twice the storage bandwidth of previous generations
- Compatibility with software defined storage (SDS) solutions, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces, VMware® Virtual SAN™ (vSAN) and OpenStack Ceph
Simplify and automate your IT management tasks
Manage your data center servers the way you want: individually, collectively, in-person, remotely or with your smartphone — it’s your choice. Consistent administration and 3rd-party integration ensure seamless management of PowerEdge servers.
Simplify administration of PowerEdge servers with the embedded intelligence of the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller and with the robust, timesaving management features of the entire Dell OpenManage portfolio.
Agent-free management from iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller offers real-time monitoring for the server and internal storage devices. It also monitors server health, multiple internal parameters and system performance without requiring agents to be installed in the server operating system — agents which could require additional upkeep and consume valuable CPU time.
Lifecycle Controller provides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new Dell PowerEdge system added to the data center. It includes managed and persistent onboard storage that, when combined with its systems management capabilities, eliminates the need for traditional media-based system management tools and utilities.
Zero-touch automated deployment discovers and auto-configures Dell servers by using configuration files stored in designated locations on an internal network, which can reduce setup time and manual entry errors. Administrators can simply rack, cable and walk away.
Automated server updates synchronize servers to firmware baselines stored at designated locations on an internal network to simplify firmware updates.
The Tech Support Report, automatically maintained by iDRAC, is a continuously updated health and status report that monitors over 5,000 key system parameters and can help cut time needed to identify and resolve server issues.
Monitor and manage from anywhere
Administer systems from your smartphone, laptop or at the system with both local and remote management options.
- Use your smartphone with the OpenManage Mobile app to securely monitor remote systems, or connect to a server via Near Field Communications (NFC) to access a status report and logs using the iDRAC Quick Sync feature.
- Use a USB memory stick to upload configurations files for BIOS, iDRAC, PERC, LAN on motherboard (LOM) and network interface card (NIC) updates with the iDRAC Direct feature.
- Connect a laptop via USB to a specific server’s embedded iDRAC8 management-console interface for robust "at the system" management.
Accelerate IT service deployment
Streamline infrastructure provisioning, speed up workload deployment and simplify IT service delivery through the unified console and highly intuitive user interface of Active System Manager. Enhanced for the latest generation of PowerEdge servers, it features:
- Template-based server and IO configurations, identity management and service migration capabilities
- Fast workload deployment with an expanding out-of-box template library
- Cloud enablement with support for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS), including Red Hat and VMware solutions
Enabling the future-ready data center
Providing ample scale-out capacity with a versatile, multi-terabyte storage footprint, the R730xd delivers among the best cost-per-gigabyte performance in a 2U server. It also provides the availability and efficiency needed to power data centers yet to come, with features including:
- Two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors (18 cores max per CPU; 36 total max cores per server)
- 24 DIMM slots supporting up to 1.5TB of memory
- Redundant power supply units (PSUs)
- Hot-plug and swappable PSUs, HDDs and fans
- Dual SD card option for failsafe hypervisors
- Fresh Air 2.0 configurations
Choose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7 direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.