PowerEdge M630P for VRTX Chassis
As the first integrated IT solution designed specifically for remote-office and small-office environments, the award-winning PowerEdge VRTX integrates servers, storage, networking and management together in a single, compact chassis with office-optimized dimensions, acoustics and security.
Key new features introduce even more functionality with enhanced versatility and improved efficiency, including:
- Additional server node choices: Drive Tier 1, back-end workloads with 4-socket, full height M830 server nodes featuring huge memory capacity, wide network bandwidth and low-latency Express Flash storage.
- Next-level data protection inside the chassis: Optional redundant PowerEdge RAID Controller (PERC) provides high-availability RAID controller failover inside the chassis.
- Enhanced system management: Continued feature set parity between the Chassis Management Controller (CMC) in the data center and the CMC on VRTX ensures system management consistency and simplicity.
- Expanded resources for VDI: Support for optional general-purpose computing on graphics processor units (GPGPU) enables virtual desktop infrastructure in remote office/branch office environments
Rapidly deploy VRTX to consolidate and manage business applications in up to four server nodes with shared storage and integrated networking. Ideal for remote offices and branch offices of large enterprises and organizations as well as small- and medium-business offices, it offers:
No compromise on performance
- Huge internal capacities that support extensive growth
- Office-level acoustics, quieter than a hallway conversation so it can operate non-disruptively, even in quiet office environments
- Fresh Air validated configurations that allow you to avoid the need for special cooling or worry when you turn off the AC during non-business hours
- Standard power requirements found in most offices(110V-220V), which allows users to avoid the cost of rewiring for high-line power (typically required for servers and storage)
- Front-access KVM, USB, LCD display and optional DVD-RW
Employing the latest PowerEdge technology and high-availability features, VRTX can help you gain fast application response times, run multiple applications that need performance or low latency, power through peak processing periods and scale for future business growth.
Performance and availability features include:
Versatile shared storage
- Up to four hot-plug PowerEdge server nodes with flexible configurations that can mix and match 4-socket M830 and 2-socket M630 blade options to meet your specific needs
- Support for future-generation PowerEdge M-Series blades
- Dual SD cards for redundant hypervisors
- Hot-plug and swappable HDDs
- Many RAID options tailored to specific needs, including optional PERC for RAID controller failover inside the chassis
- Optional hot-plug and swappable power supply units and fans
All server nodes have access to the low-latency internal shared storage, which is essential for clustering and virtualization, including vMotion. This also helps enable efficient processing through peak periods and can improve server-use flexibility.
- Each server node to see the storage as its own singular storage pool
- Assigning virtual disks to single server nodes or across server nodes
- Live migration of virtual machines within the VRTX chassis without the expense of cabling, powering and managing a SAN
- Choice of up to 12 x 3.5" HDDs (48TB max.) to scale for capacity or up to 25 x 2.5" HDDs (30TB max.) to scale for performance
Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 v3 2.4GHz,20M Cache,8.00GT/s QPI,Turbo,HT,8C/16T (85W) Max Mem 1866MHz
No Operating System
8GB RDIMM, 2400MT/s, Single Rank, x8 Data Width
300GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive
QLogic 57810-k Dual port 10Gb KR CNA Blade Network Daughter Card