Dell Networking S Series
S55 high-performance 1/10GbE top-of-rack switch
48-port GbE switch with up to four modular 10GbE ports or stacking interfaces in just 1RU, non-blocking architecture supports low-latency switching and routing, integrated network automation and virtualization technology with Networking’s Open Automation Framework, reliable, data center optimized design supports I/O-to-PSU and PSU-to-I/O airflows and redundant, hot-swappable power.
Data center optimized 1/10GbE switch
The Dell Networking S Series S55 1/10GbE top-of-rack (ToR) switch is optimized for lowering operational costs while increasing scalability and improving manageability at the network edge. Optimized for high-performance data center applications, the S55 leverages a non-blocking architecture that delivers low-latency L2 and L3 switching to eliminate network bottlenecks. The high-density S55 design provides 48 GbE access ports with up to four modular 10GbE uplinks in just 1RU to conserve valuable rack space. The S55 incorporates multiple architectural features that optimize data center network efficiency and reliability, including I/O-to-PSU panel airflow or PSUto-I/O panel airflow for hot/cold aisle environments, and redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans. A “scale-as-you-grow” ToR solution that is simple to deploy and manage, up to 12 S55 switches can be stacked to create a a single logical switch by utilizing Dell Networking’s stacking technology and high-speed stacking modules.
The S55 provides support for Dell Networking’s Open Automation Framework, which leverages capabilities of the modular Dell FTOS software to bring network automation into virtual data center environments, making them more responsive and able to adapt to changes in application requirements. The Open Automation Framework is comprised of a suite of inter-related network management tools that can be used together or independently to provide a network that is more flexible, available and manageable while reducing operational expenses.
- 1/10GbE server aggregation at the ToR in highperformance data center environments;
- With the S4810/S4820T/Z9000 virtualized switch/ router to create a flat, two-tier, non-blocking 1/10GbE data center network design.
- The 1RU S55 switch delivers 48 GbE access interfaces:
- 44 10/100/1000Base-T copper ports (fixed RJ45);
- 4 GbE ports that can be configured for copper or fiber (SFP).
- In addition, the S55 provides two optional high-speed slots that support the following uplink modules:
- 2-port 10GbE SFP+ modules;
- 2-port 12Gbps stacking module.
- 176Gbps switching capacity delivers, non-blocking switching with less than 5 microseconds of latency;
- Scalable layer 2 and layer 3 switching with a full complement of standards-based features in FTOS;
- I/O-to-PSU panel airflow or PSU-to-I/O panel airflow;
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies (AC or DC) and fans;
- Stacking technology enables up to 12 S55 switches to be managed as a single unit;
- Open Automation Framework adds VM awareness as well as automated configuration and provisioning capabilities to simplify the management of virtual network environments;
- Modular Dell FTOS software delivers inherent stability as well as advanced monitoring and serviceability functions;
- Supports 9,252 byte jumbo frames;
- Low power consumption of 130W for a fully-configured unit.