Maximize throughput and flexibility
Build a resilient network infrastructure that offers flexibility, expansion and broad customization with Dell Networking C-Series chassis-based switches.
Dell Networking C-Series
High-density, line-rate, non-blocking 1/10/40GbE switches, cost-effective PoE+ enabled GbE ports, modular Dell Networking OS software for inherent stability, and in-service diagnostics and traffic visibility tools for increased network control.
C-Series resilient switches
The Dell C-Series resilient chassis-based switches deliver reliability, network control and scalability. The C-series is designed to support GbE and 10GbE switch aggregation for enterprise campus and business wiring closets, while also supporting 1/10GbE server aggregation and 10/40GbE core operations/campus connections for data centers. Comprehensive management capabilities make the C-Series a cost-effective and flexible deployment option.
- High-density 1/10GbE aggregation into a multiple Gbps or 40GbE backbone;
- Cost-effective, scalable PoE+ IEEE wiring closet aggregation of VoIP phones, wireless access points or other IEEE 802.3at-compliant devices;
- Low-cost 100/1000Mbps server aggregation for small-to medium-sized data centers (100s to 1,000s of servers);
- Scalable GbE aggregation and 10GbE transport in a carrier’s Middle Mile network to enable the deployment of triple play services.
The Dell C-Series is designed to provide inherent reliability, network control and scalability for high-performance Ethernet environments.
- Virtual Link Trunking (VLT) feature provides up to 100% better link performance and improved resiliency for layer 2 networks;
- Up to 24x 40GbE ports (9RU chassis) or 48x 40GbE ports total (13RU chassis);
- Up to 320 line-rate 10/100/1000Base-T ports with full 30W Class 4 PoE+ support in a 13RU chassis;
- Up to 64 line-rate, non-blocking 10GBase-T ports or 128x 10GBase-T ports in a 13RU chassis;
- Full complement of standards-based Layer 2, IPv4 and IPv6 features for unicast and multicast applications;
- Can be deployed as either an L2 or L3 access switch with extended capabilities, including PVST+, PBR, OSPF, ECMP and BGP;
- Switch fabric capacity of up to 1.536Tbps and up to 952Mpps L2/L3 packet forwarding capacity.
- High availability architecture: 1+1 route processor module design; Continuous runtime data plane monitoring and advanced in-service CLI diagnostic functions; Power supply redundancy with load sharing power bus enabling critical operations and uninterrupted VoIP calls during one or multiple power supply failures.
- Suite of security, access control and wiring closet edge features for enterprise networks;
- Intelligent power management features provide automatic sensing, provisioning and management of PoE power.