The Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller6 (iDRAC6) Enterprise is a systems management hardware and software solution that provides remote management capabilities, crashed system recovery and power control functions. It features integrated System-on-Chip microprocessor for the remote monitor/control system using a web interface and the SM-CLP command line over a serial, Telnet/SSH connection. With integrated Dell OpenManage software it enables you to launch the iDRAC6 web interface from Dell OpenManage Server Administrator or IT Assistant. Additionally, you can configure the iDRAC6 to send you an e-mail or Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap alert for warnings or errors. To help you diagnose the probable cause of a system crash, iDRAC6 can log event data and capture an image of the screen when it detects that the system has crashed. Support for Microsoft Active Directory authentication, it centralizes iDRAC6 user IDs and passwords in Active Directory using the standard schema or an extended schema. This product has been tested and validated on Dell systems. It is supported by Dell Technical Support when used with a Dell system.
- Provides remote power management functions, such as shutdown and reset, from a management console.
- Alerts you to potential managed node issues through an e-mail message or SNMP trap.
- Features password-level security management to prevent unauthorized access to a remote system.
- Offers role-based authority to provides assignable permissions for different systems management tasks
- Supports Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI).