- Advanced Remote Management - Provides secure and remote, out-of-band connections directly to the physical KVM, USB and serial ports to complement existing in-band software management tools;
- Meet Service Level Agreements and Minimize Downtime - Unified approach enables IT administrators a faster method to diagnose, reconfigure or restore equipment;
- Virtual Media - Enables USB media such as CD-ROMs, flash memory and external drives to be virtually attached to a remote server's USB port;
- CAC/Smart Card Support - Utilizing the virtual media capabilities remote or local users can map a USB-based smart card reader to the attached servers and authenticate using their smart cards;
- Enhanced Serial Adapters - Supports standard, remote SSH connections to the attached serial devices and includes electronic pin-out options for quick and easy connections to the console ports on Cisco network equipment;
- Power Device Port - Connect supported PDUs for integrated power control, measurement and reporting;
- FIPS 140-2 Compliant Cryptography - The FIPS mode of operation uses an embedded FIPS 140-2 certified OpenSSL cryptographic module (Certificate #1051);
- True Serial support over Telnet/SSH - Supports standard, remote SSH connections to the attached serial devices and includes electronic pin-out options for quick and easy connections to the console ports.
From a single central console, the Dell Digital KVM switch, engineered by Avocent, provides out-of-band access to devices in the rack even when the network is down or when the device OS crashes. Unlike software alternatives, digital KVMs are uniquely capable of bringing a new server up from bare metal, diagnosing and restoring a failing device, updating firmware or enabling BIOS-level access, and patching a device independent of the state of the managed device or network.
The Digital switches give users the ability to securely access manage traditional servers remotely via their keyboard, video and mouse ports as well as the ability to manage these servers, and other devices like storage heads or network switches, regardless of whether the server or network is up and running.Devices are accessed either via a modem connection or over a TCP/IP network. These connections support DES, 3DES, AES or 128-bit SSL encryption of both KVM and Virtual Media sessions.
ReadyRails static rails for toolless 1U mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded and 2-post (Telco) racks. Mount this Dell KVM in the same U space with your Dell KMM (DKMMLED185) by adding PN DRMK-77 / A7485911. This is the exclusive 1U mounting bracket for the Dell DMPU and DAV KVM products. Standard Three-Year Warranty (requires registration within 90 days) – 8/5 coverage of your hardware, 10- to 14-day RMA post receipt of failed unit.