Direct Part Marking (DPM) is a process that allows users to imprint a bar code directly on an item instead of printing the code on a paper label. Different technologies are available to directly mark objects: laser / chemical etching, dot peening and ink jet printing. Each of these methods has specific advantages and disadvantages in terms of durability, cost and ease of reading.
The PowerScan™ PBT9500-DPM reader is a cordless rugged handheld area imager specifically addressed and capable of reading codes marked with DPM.
The PowerScan PBT9530-DPM imager includes the latest optics and software from Datalogic to make the reading of codes marked with DPM technology easy and intuitive. The typical reading distance is from contact to 4-5 cm / 1.5-1.9 in, depending on the DPM technology used, the code resolution, and the material and surface type. The scanner is also capable of reading standard bar codes printed on labels. It is based on a high density optic which allows the capture of very small, high-resolution codes in a range from near contact up to 15.0 cm / 5.9 in.
The PowerScan PBT9500 is equipped with a standard Bluetooth® 2.0 radio that can be configured via software as a Class 1 radio (exceeding 90 m / 40 m of mobility respectively).
The intuitive aiming system allows the highest first-pass reading rate. Additionally, the PowerScan PBT9500-DPM area imager uses a soft-pulsed white illumination light resulting in reduced flashes, which is very gentle on users’ eyes.
Datalogic’s Motionix™ motion-sensing technology detects the natural actions of the operator to automatically switch the scanner into the desired scanning mode.
- Supports any kind of DPM code.
- Snappy omnidirectional reading.
- Intuitive aiming system.
- Soft white light illumination.
- Bluetooth® 3.0 Compliant: Class 1 configurable via software.
- Datalogic’s Motionix™ motion-sensing technology.
- Image capture.
- Datalogic’s 3GL™ (3 Green Lights) technology and loud beeper for good-read feedback.
- EASEOFCARE Service Plans offer a wide range of service options to protect your investment, ensuring maximum productivity and ROI.