Wireless N Unified Access Point
The DWL-2600AP is an indoor Access Point (AP) designed specifically for deployment in business environments. This AP can work in standalone mode or centrally managed through D-Link’s Unified solutions like the DWC-1000 Wireless Controller or the advanced DWS-3160 and DWS-4026 Unified Switch Series.
The DWL-2600AP’s is based on the 802.11n standard and delivers up to 300 Mbps of network throughput. With two PIFA antennae working in the 2.4 GHz frequency, this Access Point broadcasts homogeneously on the horizontal plane, making it suitable to be mounted on ceilings. For mixed environments where 802.11n, 802.11g and 802.11b clients concur simultaneously, the RadioProtect feature ensures all users receive an adequate level of service regardless of their technology.
A number of DWL-2600AP Access Points can be easily set up with D-Link’s Self-Configuring Cluster, a feature that allows system administrators to replicate the configuration of one Access Point (master AP) across several others, automatically. Up to eight Access Point can be grouped in a cluster. This is a great solution for businesses that want central management but don’t need the advanced features that a Wireless Controller or a Unified Switch can offer.
The DWL-2600AP is part of D-Link’s range of Unified Solutions. Up to 24 Access Points can be centrally managed with the DWC-1000 Wireless Controller. For deployments that need more advanced features or cover wider areas, the DWS-3160 Series of Unified Switches support up to 48 Access Points per switch or 192 Access Points in a switch cluster.
- 802.11n connectivity for increased network capacity
- Up to 300 Mbps wireless speeds
- Multiple SSID for wireless network segmentation
- AP Clustering function for deployments that don’t require a centralised controller
- Integrated RFID recognition for Aeroscout™ devices to track wireless clients
- VLAN support
- WMM™ (Wireless Multi Media) to prioritise audio, video and voice applications
- Enhanced security with RADIUS support