PowerLine AV 500 Passthrough Adapter Kit
- Converts any power socket into a wired connection point
- 500 Mbps data transfer rates over the existing electrical wiring
- Quality of Service (QoS) engine for prioritisation of delay-sensitive applications (i.e. media streaming, videoconferencing)
- Improved resistance to electrical interference
- Simple push-button setup, with sophisticated data encryption
- Interoperable: adheres to the IEEE 1901 standard
- Backward compatible with PowerLine AV products
- D-Link Green™: energy-saving design
The two adapters in the DHP-501AV kit plug directly into a power outlet1, and do not require any additional cables, so you can extend your home network by connecting multiple devices in the farthest corners of your home. For convenient setup, an encryption key can be quickly configured at the push of a button on the device, to protect the network from unauthorised wire tapping. With hassle-free plug and play installation, the DHP-501AV is an ideal solution to create a wall-to-wall home network.
The PowerLine AV 500 Starter Kit is capable of delivering wired data transfer rates of up to 500 Mbps. Advanced technology built into these adapters makes them more resistant to electrical interference from other household appliances, so users can fully benefit from the maximum transmission speeds.This makes them ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications, guaranteeing smooth HD video streaming, VoIP calls, and lag free online gaming experiences. In addition, the Quality of Service (QoS) Engine prioritises Internet traffic, ensuring that multimedia applications do not experience glitches while web surfing and downloads are in progress. This kit provides ample network bandwidth, enabling Digital Home consumers to tap into existing electrical wiring for high-quality multimedia streaming.
Based on the industry-leading PowerLine Alliance technology, the adapters in the DHP-501AV kit are compatible with other brands’ devices based on the IEEE 1901 standard. It is also compatible with devices implementing the former PowerLine AV standard, such as D-Link’s DHP-306AV/ 307AV, DHP-P306AV/-P307AV, and DHP-W306AV/-W307AV.
- IEEE 802.3
- IEEE 802.3u
- IEEE 1901
- Power plug (country-dependent)
- 10/100/1000BASE-TX Ethernet port with auto MDI/ MDIX
- RJ-45 connector