CAC-1053 - Club 3D UltraAV DisplayPort to HDMI™ (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) Active 3D cable enables the connection of your DisplayPort supported computer to an HDMI supported (3D) television, (3D) monitor or (3D) projector.
2 scenarios where you would need active dongle:
- When the source is a DP source, as opposed to a DP++ aka dual mode source. Then you would need an active dongle. Passive won’t work.
- When you want to connect to >=3 monitors, then you need at least one of the connections to be a DP direct connection, or using a DP active dongle. AMD’s Eyefinity program is explicit about this requirement.
- Converts DisplayPort (DP) single mode or dual mode video and audio signals to HDMI.
- Supports full link training or no link training mode.
- DP v 1.2 certified at HBR rate.
- Compliant to HDMI 1.4b output, up to 300 Mhz.
- HDMI output supports up to 1080p@120Hz or 4k x 2k @30Hz.
- Compliant to DP input, 1.2 and 4 lanes at RBR or HBR.
- Supports HDCP 1.3 repeater function.
- YCbCr 4:4:4 and YCbCr 4:2:2 8/10/12 bpc supported.
- Audio input format: 8-ch LPCM compressed audio and HBR audio up to 192 kHz sample rate.
- Plug and Play on Windows systems.
- CE and FCC certified.
- AMD Eyefinity certified.