Designed for enterprise performance and scalability, the Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Server combines the advantage of four-socket computing with the cost-effective Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 product family, for demanding virtualization and database workloads. The UCS B420 M3 is a balanced, high performance platform that complements the UCS four socket blade server portfolio. It offers industry-leading computing density, I/O bandwidth, and memory footprint, The full-width UCS B420 M3 supports 1.5 TB of memory and takes full advantage UCS virtual interface card (VIC) technology for up to 160 Gbps aggregate I/O bandwidth.
The UCS B420 M3 is part of the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) that combines blade and rack servers with networking and storage access into a single unified system. Centrally configured through unified, model-based management, Cisco UCS simplifies and speeds deployment of enterprise-class applications running in bare-metal, virtualized, and cloud-computing environments.
A Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis can house up to four Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Servers, supporting up to 6 TB of memory per chassis.
Features and Capabilities
Specifications at a Glance
- Suitable for nearly all four-socket applications
- Exceptional building block for the Cisco Unified Computing System
- Full-width form factor offering expandability, performance, and massive I/O bandwidth
- Unique Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) technology provides I/O bandwidth up to 160 Gbps
- Up to two or four Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 product family
- Up to 1.5 TB of memory with 48 DIMM slots
- Up to four SAS, SATA, or SSD drives
- Using the Cisco UCS VIC 1240 and its port expander allows up to eight, 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Adding Cisco VIC 1280 to Cisco VIC 1240 and port expander can increase bandwidth to sixteen 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two mezzanine, PCIe slots, Generation 3 for third party network adapters
- The Fusion IO and LSI cards significantly improve application performance for Cisco UCS servers