Intel® Ethernet X520 Server Adapters
Ultimate flexibility and scalability in virtual and unified storage environments
Intel’s new family of Intel® Ethernet X520 Server Adapters are the most flexible and scalable Ethernet adapters for today’s demanding data center environments.
The Intel® Ethernet X520 Server Adapter family addresses the demanding needs of the next-generation data center by providing unmatched features for virtualization, flexibility for LAN and SAN networking, and proven, reliable performance.
Features and benefits
- Intel® 82599 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller Industry-leading, energy-efficient design for next-generation 10 Gigabit performance and multi-core processors
- Low-profile Enables higher bandwidth and throughput from standard and low-profile PCIe slots and servers
- Load balancing on multiple CPUs Increases performance on multi-processor systems by efficiently balancing network loads across
- CPU cores when used with Receive-Side Scaling (RSS) from Microsoft or Scalable I/O on Linux*
- iSCSI remote boot support Provides centralized storage area network (SAN) management at a lower cost than other iSCSI solutions
- Support for most network operating systems (NOS) Enables widespread deployment
- RoHS-compliant2 Complies with the European Union directive 2002/95/EC to reduce the use of hazardous materials
- Intel® PROSet utility for Microsoft Windows* Device Manager Provides point-and-click management of individual adapters, advanced adapter features, connection
- teaming, and virtual local area network (VLAN) configuration
- Time Sync (IEEE 1588, 802.1as) Lets networked Ethernet equipment synchronize internal clocks according to a network master clock;
- endpoint can then acquire an accurate estimate of the master time by compensating for link latency