The new Cisco ® 860VAE Series Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) are part of the Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2) portfolio. Cisco 860VAE routers support Gigabit Etherne t (GE) or very - high - speed DSL 2/asymmetric DSL2+ (VDSL2/ADSL2+) on a single, fixed ISR. The Cisco 860VAE Series can provide cost - effective basic or secure wired or wireless connectivity for a casual or enterprise teleworker as well as serve as managed cust omer premises equipment (CPE) for service providers.
Cisco 860VAE Series ISRs are entry - level, fixed - configuration routers that serve a range of business needs from providing basic connectivity for the casual teleworker to providing s ecure collaboration for the enterprise teleworker. For service providers, the Cisco 860VAE ISRs present an opportunity for tiered basic or secure managed CPE devices. With multiple WAN technologies offered within a single box (GE, ADSL2+, or VDSL2), the Ci sco 860VAE, which shares a common architecture across its variants, allows for consistent management across various deployment scenarios. The Cisco 860VAE ISRs that come in a compact fanless desktop form factor provide improved performance, state - of - the - ar t xDSL features, and significantly better interoperability over the older Cisco 860 Series ISRs.
The Cisco 860VAE Series Integrated Services Routers offer:
- Cost-effective basic or secure connectivity with quality of service (QoS) for teleworkers and managed CPE devices for service providers
- Compact metallic desktop form factor featuring a fanless ISR for convenient home or office deployment
- WAN diversity with either Gigabit Ethernet or Multimode VDSL2/ADSL2+ on the same router to span multiple deployment scenarios with common architecture, embedded management, and consistent configurability
- State-of-the-art xDSL features and interoperability and enhanced ISR performance with services
- Four-port 10/100 Fast Ethernet (FE) managed switch for base models with five VLANs; additionally, one Gigabit Ethernet LAN port for the Cisco 860VAE secure routers
- Three 10/100 Fast Ethernet switch ports and two Gigabit Ethernet switch ports in the wireless models with 2.4 GHz 802.11n FCC-or ETSI-compliant wireless LAN