EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Autofocus lens for macro photography up to life-size (1x) magnification. Inner focusing affords a long working distance of 5.9in. (149mm) at 1x. A 3-group floating system results in excellent delineation at all focusing distances. Ring USM for silent and high-speed AF, and full-time manual focusing also provided
- Entirely new optically, with a three-group floating system for exceptional close-up performance.
- The first lens in its class to feature innner focusing. The lens length never changes, even at life size!
- A secondary diaphragm blocks stray light at f/2.8, increasing contrast when shooting wide-open.
- Ultrasonic Motor provides outstanding AF speed at all focusing distances.
- Wide manual focusing ring with smooth action, and full-time manual focus even in AF mode.
|Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
||100mm 1:2.8 |
||12 elements in 8 groups|
|Diagonal Angle of View
||Inner focusing system with USM|
|Closest Focusing Distance
||0.31m / 1 ft. (film plane to subject) |
|Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
||3.1" x 4.7", 21.1 oz. / 79.0 x 119.0mm, 600g |