Outdoor-ready video surveillance
The IP66-and NEMA 4X-rated AXIS Q1615-E offers aluminum and robust casing, sunshield to simplify installation time and costs. It is protected from dust, rain, snow and sun, and can operate in temperatures from -40 °C to 50 °C (-40 °F to 122 °F) using High PoE (30 W).
The camera does not only functions at -40 °C (-40 °F), but it can also power up at that temperature following a power failure. This feature is known as Axis' Arctic Temperature Control. To guarantee heating, multiple heaters are placed in direct contact with the camera and the window. AXIS Q1615-E offers a dual shell technology, where an internal shell stores heat in cold environments. A fan ventilates the air in hot environments, where the heat is transferred to the outer aluminum chassis for efficient cooling.
Steady video during vibration
The electronic image stabilization greatly improves video quality in situations where the camera is subject to vibration and the video, without electronic image stabilization, would be troublesome to view. Hence, the vibration effects are greatly reduced resulting in smoother and steadier video.
Innovative installation features
Along with the common ease-of-installation capabilities known for AXIS Q16 Series, AXIS Q1615-E includes new innovative features to help installers to mount the camera. The leveling assistance guides to the correct level, meaning that the camera can be install wherever but always have a perfect image.
The auto rotation functionality flips the image to the right orientation, also when Corridor Format. The camera is further protected with shock detection, a capability that sends an alarm to personnel during attempted vandalism. Focus assistant, remote back focus and pixel counter are capabilities supported by AXIS Q1615-E.
Moreover, the outdoor-ready camera supports one-cable installation thanks to support for PoE. A sunshield and a wall bracket are included to facilitate the installation. For higher flexibility, three cable gaskets holes are available for an Ethernet cable, a power cable and for an external device connected via the camera’s I/O ports. In addition, the cables are vandal protected and the front window is replaceable.
- Support for IP66 and NEMA 4X protection rating against the ingress of dust, windblown dust, rain, high pressure water jets from any direction, hose-directed water, and damage from external ice formation.
- Support for 4M3 vibration standard and IK10-rated, including the window, for protection against impact and vandal acts.
- Support for the Dual Shell technology, where an internal shell stores the heat in cold environments. In hot environments, a fan ventilates the air while the heat is transferred to the outer chassis for efficient cooling.
- Three processor-controlled sensors and heat curves regulate the temperature of the camera and the window.
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including VAPIX® from Axis Communications