The CE690 is a DVI Optical KVM Extender that overcomes the length restrictions of standard DVI cables by using fiber optics to send high definition audio, video and control signals over long distances. The CE690 can transmit KVM DVI signals extremely long distances - up to 20 km away from the source. The extender takes audio/video streams from the local source and serializes the data to pass it over a single 3.125 Gbps optical link, for resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz, 24-bits, with picture perfect quality.
In addition to extending keyboard and mouse control, the CE690 also transfers RS-232 signals (up to 115 kbps) and USB signals in both directions, with ports for both, allowing you to connect serial devices, such as barcode scanners; or USB devices such as touchscreens, which can provide access to a computer connected at the local site - up to 20 km away.
The CE690 allows access to a computer from both the local and remote consoles (USB keyboard, monitor, and mouse). Furthermore, the CE690 takes advantage of the newest fiber optic cable technology to connect the local and remote units; providing easy installation and an extremely long 20 km extension of KVM DVI signals.
- Allows access to a computer or KVM installation from a local / remote console
- Supports DVI-D interface and allows transmission of DVI single-link signals
- Superior video quality of up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz (24-bits) - get an excellent, crisp image on your screen over long distance transmissions up to 20 km*
- Touchscreen support - connect a generic touchscreen, including devices up to 10-point multi-touch, to accommodate highly interactive applications (no extra drivers needed)
- Dual console operation - control your system from both the local and remote USB keyboard, monitor, and mouse consoles
- Uses one fiber optic cable to connect the local and remote units
- HDCP compatible
- RS-232 serial port - connect to a serial terminal, or serial devices such as barcode scanners (Baud Rate 115200 bps)
- PC Wakeup support - use a pushbutton on a Remote Unit to wake a PC at the local site via RS-232
- Audio Enabled - supports stereo speakers and microphone
- Rack mountable