ASUS Radeon R9 280 DirectCU II gives new edge to hardcore gamers
Game Faster. Quieter. Cooler.
ASUS today announced R9 280 DirectCU II, a new graphics card powered by the latest AMD Radeon™ R9 280 graphics-processing unit (GPU) and fitted with exclusive DirectCU II and CoolTech fan technologies for cooler, quieter and faster performance. The new card runs up to 20% cooler and up to three times (3X) quieter than reference designs and benefits from DIGI+, an exclusive voltage-regulation module (VRM) for incredible stability and reduced noise. GPU Tweak teases maximum performance from the GPU and users to live stream their enhanced gameplay. R9 280 DirectCU II has 3GB of GDDR5 video memory and supports resolutions up to 2560 x 1600.
20% cooler and 3X* quieter
Exclusive DirectCU II thermal design includes a direct-GPU contact 10mm copper heatpipe and 220% larger dissipation area to boost heat removal efficiency. It performs 20% cooler and 3X quieter than reference.
Hybrid design for multi-directional cooling
Proprietary CoolTech fan consists of a hybrid blade and bearing design, with inner radial blower and outer flower-type blades. These provide multi-directional airflow to accelerate heat removal and enable highly stable graphics performance.
DIGI+ VRM with Super Alloy Power
30% less power noise and 2.5X greater durability
Acclaimed DIGI+ VRM has been applied via a 12-phase power design that uses digital voltage regulators to minimize power noise by 30%, enhance power efficiency by 15%, widen voltage modulation tolerance, and improve overall stability and longevity by 2.5 times over reference.
GPU Tweak with Streaming
Real-time intuitive graphics tuning
- Shows detailed specs and actual card status with GPU-Z
- Sync GPU clocks and voltages for easier overclocking
- Monitoring widget provides real-time detailed multi-parameter info
- Automatically checks and updates drivers and BIOS versions
- Stream on-screen action to the web in full HD
Stream online instantly
GPU Tweak streaming tool that lets you share on-screen action in real time – so others can watch live as games are played. It's even possible to add to the streaming window scrolling text, pictures and webcam images.
- TOP-selected 980MHz cores run 50MHz higher than reference for smoother gameplay.
- DirectCU II achieves 20% lower temps with 220% the dissipation area, plus 3X quieter running than reference.
- Exclusive CoolTech Fan drives wider airflow to keep critical components cool.
- DIGI+ VRM with 12-phase Super Alloy Power delivers precise digital power for superior efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- GPU Tweak helps you modify clock speeds, voltages, fan performance and more, all via an intuitive interface.
- GPU Tweak Streaming let you share on-screen action in real time – so others can watch live as games are played.
- Graphics Engine
AMD Radeon R9 280
- Bus Standard
PCI Express 3.0
- Video Memory
- Engine Clock
GPU Boost Clock : 980 MHz
GPU Base Clock : 874 MHz
- Memory Clock
5200 MHz ( 1300 MHz GDDR5 )
- Memory Interface
DVI Max Resolution : 2560x1600
DVI Output : Yes x 1 (DVI-I), Yes x 1 (DVI-D)
HDMI Output : Yes x 1
Display Port : Yes x 1 (Regular DP)
HDCP Support : Yes
1 x CrossFire cable
ASUS GPU Tweak & Driver
- ASUS Features
Super Alloy Power
11.2 " x 5.7 " x 1.5 " Inch
28.448 x 14.478 x3.81 Centimeter