Apple Universal Dock
The Apple Universal Dock offers easy access to a USB port for charging and syncing your iPod or iPhone or for connecting to a TV or speakers. It includes the Apple Remote for easy control from across the room.
The Apple Universal Dock serves as a convenient and elegant home base for charging, syncing, and more. Through the use of interchangeable inserts called Dock Adapters, it works with iPhone and all iPod models that have a dock connector and dock adapter. So even if you own more than one iPod or iPhone, you can keep just one Dock connected to your computer, stereo, or TV.
And when your iPod or iPhone is in the Dock and connected to a stereo or TV, the included Apple Remote lets you experience songs, slideshows, and more from across the room. Just choose a playlist, slideshow, or video, then sit back and enjoy. The Apple Remote offers play/pause, volume control, and forward/back buttons for easy control.
Any iPhone or iPod with a dock connector can fit perfectly into the Universal Dock through the use of interchangeable inserts called Dock Adapters. You simply insert the Dock Adapter for your particular model, then plug in your iPod. When you want to connect a different-size iPod or iPhone, simply pop out the Dock Adapter and insert another one.
The Universal Dock package also includes the USB Power Adapter, USB Cable, and five adapters for iPod and iPhone models. Other adapters and cables are available separately.
Here are some of the things you can do with the Universal Dock:
What's in the Box:
- Connect the Dock to your computer with the USB cable then place your iPod or iPhone in the Dock to sync and charge the battery and sync content from iTunes. No more reaching behind the computer to plug it in.
- Connect the Dock to an electrical outlet using the included USB Power Adapter and USB cable, then place your iPod or iPhone in the Dock to charge the battery.
- Connect the Dock to a stereo or speakers using a stereo audio cable to play music from your iPod or iPhone.
- Control playback from a distance using the included Apple Remote.
- Display photos or video on a TV or other video device using the Apple Dock Connector to VGA Adapter, Component AV Cable or Composite AV Cable if you have an iPhone or iPod that plays video.
- Apple Universal Dock
- Apple Remote
- Five Dock Adapters that fit: iPhone 4, iPhone 3G and 3GS, iPod touch (2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations), and iPod nano 5th generation
- USB Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- User Guide