Nike + iPod Sport Kit
Transform your iPod nano, iPod touch (2nd generation or later), iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 into a personal workout coach with the Nike + iPod Sport Kit. This wireless sensor and receiver combination works exclusively with your Nike+ shoes and iPod nano, iPod touch, iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 to give you real-time feedback during workouts and let you track your performance on your Mac or PC.
Thanks to a unique partnership between Nike and Apple, your iPod nano, iPod touch (2nd generation or later), iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 becomes your coach. Your personal trainer. Your favourite workout partner.
Insert the wireless sensor inside the custom, built-in pocket beneath the insole of your Nike+ shoe, then plug the receiver into the Dock connector on your iPod nano. The iPod touch (2nd generation or later), iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 include built-in support for the system — no receiver necessary.
Now start your workout. As your run or walk, the sensor sends information to your device, tracking your time, distance, pace and calories burned. If you choose, real-time, spoken feedback can even alert you to milestones throughout your workout.
Back at your computer, sync your iPod nano to transfer your workout data to iTunes and nikeplus.com; on iPod touch, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, you can sync your data wirelessly. At nikeplus.com, you can evaluate your performance history, set goals and even challenge other runners to a virtual race.
What's in the Box
- Wireless sensor for Nike+ shoes
- Wireless receiver for iPod nano
- Printed documentation
- iPod nano, iPod touch (2nd generation or later), iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4
- Nike+ shoes
- iTunes 10 or later (available via free download)
- A Mac with a USB 2.0 port and Mac OS X version 10.3.9 or later; or a PC with a USB 2.0 port and Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Home or Professional (SP3) or later
- Internet access and a free Nike.com account
- Size: 3.48 x 2.41 x 0.76 cm
- Weight: 6.52 grams
- Broadcast frequency: 2.4GHz
- Size: 2.62 x 1.57 x 0.56 cm
- Weight: 3.4 grams