PROMISE VTrak x30 Series 48TB (16 by 3TB SAS) 3U RAID Subsystem
The PROMISE VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem with sixteen SAS drives delivers outstanding performance, reliability, and expansion capacity for video and server applications. Sixteen 3TB 7200-RPM SAS drives in a 3U rack-optimized enclosure provide 48TB of raw capacity for assignment to one or more RAID sets supporting all the major RAID levels including hardware RAID 0, 1, 5, and 6.
The high-availability design of the PROMISE VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem provides dual active/active RAID controllers with four 8Gb Fibre Channel ports and 4GB of cache per controller and redundant power supply units. An ideal storage solution for direct attached or SAN-based server and workstation applications, the PROMISE VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem is qualified with Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, Final Cut Studio, and Xsan.
The VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem provides flexible configuration capability and can grow along with your business. Start with a single VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem configuration and scale the RAID subsystem with additional expansion units as your requirements change.
Quad 8Gb Fibre Channel (FC) host interface ports per controller provide connectivity into widely deployed Fibre Channel storage networks, perfect for supplementing existing 2G or 4G Fibre Channel infrastructures or building an entirely new storage infrastructure. With eight Fibre Channel ports per controller, the VTrak x30 Series has the potential to deliver up to 6GB/s worth of data.
The VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem features an embedded software solution that requires zero software installation to manage and configure your storage. Simply open your browser, locate the subsystem using Bonjour then click on the VTrak x30 Series unit you would like to manage. An easy-to-use guided setup allows novice users to create and provision the storage in just a few minutes. Managing your subsystem software updates has never been easier with PerfectFlash which allows software updates without the need to schedule maintenance downtime. The VTrak x30 Series' rich feature set gives advanced users powerful tools to rapidly deploy multiple units tuned for applications like Xsan and Final Cut Studio.
- Sixteen 3TB (48TB capacity) 7200-RPM SAS hard drives (pre-installed and tested)
- 3U rack-optimized enclosure with 16 hot-swappable drive bays
- Dual redundant active/active controllers
- 4GB DDR3 ECC battery backed cache per controller (8GB total per subsystem)
- Quad 8Gb/s Fibre Channel ports per controller (Eight total per subsystem)
- RAID Levels 0, 1, 1E, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60
- External x4 6Gb SAS port (1 per controller) for storage expansion using the PROMISE VTrak x30 Series expansion chassis
- WebPAM PROe web-based management interface
- PerfectFlash technology allows for non-disruptive subsystem updates
- Qualified with Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, Final Cut Studio, and Xsan
- Fully qualified and tested with Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2, RedHat Linux, SUSE Linux, StorNext
What's in the Box?
- 48TB PROMISE VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem (Dual Controller)
- Product CD with electronic documentation
- Quick start guide
- Rack mounting hardware for standard four-post rack
- Two 6 ft./1.83 m power cords (UL/CSA/ETL/TISI Approval, Regions supported: United States, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Philippines, Thailand)
- One 6.56 ft./2.0 m RS-232 serial cable (6-pin RJ11 to DB9)