Adaptec Series 7H
Host Bus Adapters (HBAs)
The Series 7H family of Adaptec by PMC SAS/SATA host bus adapters (HBA) offers the ideal high performance solution for data centers requiring maximum I/O connectivity and low latency.
Utilizing PMC's PM8018 16x6G SAS protocol controller, Series 7H HBAs support both Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA) interfaces to provide the flexibility to use cost effective, high-capacity SATA drives and/or high-performance SAS drives.
The Series 7H HBAs feature a low-profile MD2 form factor and mini SAS HD connectors that facilitate easy installation and cable connections in dense server environments.
Series 7H HBAs can directly connect up to 16 high-performance SSD/HDD devices without expanders to offer the highest performance and lowest latency I/O connection.
- Sixteen (71605H, 70165H) and eight (7085H, 7805H) 6Gb/s ports
- PMC PM8018 SAS protocol controller supports SAS and SATA HDDs, SSDs and SAS tape drives
- PCIe Gen 3 x8 host interface
- Low-profile MD2 form factor
- Support for SAS expanders
- Enclosure management support via LED header and SES2/SGPIO
- Up to 800,000 IOPS at 4 KB block size, UP to 1 million IOPS at 512 Byte block size
- Up to 6600 MB/s sequential throughput (64KB blocks)