The Intel Core2 Quad processor for desktop PCs is designed to handle massive compute and visualization workloads enabled by powerful multi-core technology. Providing the bandwidth you need for multi-threaded applications, Intel Core 2 Quad processors are built on 45nm Intel Core microarchitecture enabling, faster, cooler, and quieter desktop PC and workstation experiences.
With four processing cores, up to 12MB of shared L2 cache, and 1333 MHz Front Side Bus the Intel Core 2 Quad desktop processors deliver amazing performance and power efficiency enabled by the hafnium-based circuitry of 45nm Intel Core microarchitecture.
Whether you are encoding, rendering, editing, or streaming HD multimedia in the office or on the go, power your most demanding applications with PCs based on the Intel Core 2 Quad processor. Plus, with these processors you get great Intel technologies built in:
- Intel Wide Dynamic Execution, enabling delivery of more instructions per clock cycle to improve execution time and energy efficiency.
- Intel Intelligent Power Capability, designed to deliver more energy-efficient performance.
- Intel Smart Memory Access, improving system performance by optimizing the use of the available data bandwidth.
- Intel Advanced Smart Cache, optimized for multi-core processors, providing a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem.
- Intel Advanced Digital Media Boost, accelerating a broad range of multimedia, encryption, scientific and financial applications by significantly improving performance when executing Intel® Streaming SIMD Extension (SSE/SSE2/SSE3) instructions.
- Intel HD Boost, with Intel Streaming SIMD Extension 4 (Intel SSE4) instructions for even greater multimedia performance and faster high definition video editing and encoding.
- Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT), enabling greater security, manageability, and utilization.
- Future ready, designed to perform in highly threaded programs with powerful Intel multi-core technology.